1) One cup of brown sugar
2) 1/3 cup of Almond Oil
3) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4) 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
5) 1/4 cup of ground coffee
6) 10 drops of Rosehip oil (Optional)
1) Mix cinnamon, ground coffee beans and brown sugar together in one bowl.
2) Mix the vanilla extract, rosehip oil, and almond oil together in a separate bowl.
3) Mix the two bowls together, and voila. You have your scrub.
6 Ways This Benefits Your Skin;
1) The caffeine in the coffee tightens and awakens your skin, it also helps get rid of stretch marks and scarring.
2) The almond oil has multiple benefits in itself. It is anti-aging, it lightens and tightens skin, moisturizes, and makes your skin soft and smooth.
3) Vanilla extract smells delicious and is proven to help relieve cuts and burns (you really should not be using this scrub directly on a cut or burn, but it's a nice fact to know). The main reason is that it smells delicious.
4) Cinnamon is proven to help acne and plump skin because it brings blood to the surface of the skin. Warning* If you have an allergy to cinnamon or sensitive skin, it's best to not use cinnamon in this recipe.
5) Brown sugar and coffee exfoliates skin and leaves a nice smooth touch. Exfoliation also helps create even toned skin and get rid of ingrown hairs.
6) Rosehip oil has multiple benefits as well. It contains a punch load of vitamin C and is anti-aging. This is an optional ingredient, but highly recommended.
TIP* If you would like more information about some of these ingredients and their benefits, click on the links added to the ingredient list.
TIP* It is not recommended to use this scrub everyday, because over-exfoliation will do more harm than good. You need to allow your skin to "heal."
WARNING* I've mentioned this before, but in case you guys didn't read the entire post, DON'T use cinnamon if you have sensitive skin because it is an irritant.
WARNING* Do NOT use this on your face because the skin on your face is more sensitive than on your body.