Saturday 12 October 2013

Drink This Smoothie Once a Day to Get Perfect Skin!

Hey beauties,
Sorry for the lateness of my this post. The new school year has been harsh and I just got braces in (which are very pleasant, ha ha ha). I will try to post regularly from now on and will soon start making YouTube tutorials on how to do all of these recipes shown here! I hope you guys enjoy this one and hope it was well worth the wait!
Everybody wants healthy, glowing skin. But to get that, you must start from the inside and work your way to the outside. I've been using this delicious recipe lately (because I was on a liquid diet due to my new braces) and my skin has actually improved. I've done some research and the nutrients found in this smoothies do actually benefit the skin. So I hope you beauties enjoy =D
Warning* Do not make this your main diet. If I wasn't forced to drink smoothies and soup all the time, I would probably eat everything in the house. You can still get the skin benefits by eating healthy, solid foods and replacing one thing in your main diet with this smoothie (of equal amount of calories).

Ingredients
- One cup of Vanilla or chocolate almond milk (Silk is a delicious product)
- 3 tablespoon of vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tablspoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon Flax seed
- One banana (cut up)
- Three tablespoons of soft tofu

Instructions
1) Put all ingredients in a blender.
2) Turn on the blender until liquefied.
3) Done.
Wasn't that easy?

Benefits
1) Tofu is rich in antioxidants, contains protein, calcium, and healthy unsaturated fats.
2) Almond milk contains a sackful of vitamin E which is extremely beneficial for the skin. It also contains a lot of other nutrients such as protein, magnesium, potassium, and healthy fats.
3) Bananas are rich in vitamins A, B and E and works for an anti-aging effect.
4) Flax seed contains many antioxidants and is the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids. Therefore very healthy for you and your skin.
5) Greek yogurt contains a lot of protein (twice the amount of regular yogurt), and protein is needed to maintain firm skin, making it more resistant to lines. A serving of greek yogurt everyday will get you a noticeably clearer complexion.
6) Honey is there because it tastes good.

Tip* To get clear skin, drink a lot of water. Drinking lots of water flushes out the toxins in your body and replenishes the water in your cells, and results in a healthy you and therefore, healthy skin.
 
On top of all the benefits, it tastes DELICIOUS! (Note my emphasis on DELICIOUS)

No comments:

Post a Comment